Introducing the 24" Extention Heimdall! Extention is an exciting new brand specialising in street trials bikes. The Heimdall is their entry-level model, which offers internal routing of the front brake hose for spins and whips, a 15mm thru-axle fork and a heavy duty chain tensioning system.
This bike is offered with the following brake options:
- 2x mechanical Avid BB5 disc brakes with Avid FR5 levers and 180mm Avid G3 Clean Sweep rotors
- 2x hydraulic Magura MT5 4-piston disc brakes with 203mm Magura Storm HC rotors.
- Frame: Extention Heimdall with horizontal dropouts and IS-disc mount (black colour only)
- Forks: Extention fork with 1 1/8" steerer tube, 15mm thru-axle and IS-disc mount
- Headset: Extention sealed headset
- Handlebar: Extention 6061 reinforced triple-butted high riser bars
- Grips: Rubber
- Stem: Extention Forged, 90mm x 35°
- Rims: Extention 32 hole street trials rims
- Front hub: Extention disc hub with 15mm thru-axle
- Rear hub: Extention 135mm disc hub with M10 bolts and screw-on 16T 108ep freewheel
- Tyres: Maxxis Holy Roller 24 x 2.4"
- Cranks: Extention Forged 6061 CNC BB24 steel
- Bashring: Extention 7075 CNC integrated 22T
- Chain: YBN-747
- Chain tensioner: Extention steel chain tugs
- Pedals: Shanmashi nylon
- Saddle: Velo Integated
- Wheelbase: 965mm
- BB rise: +15mm
- Chainstays: 362mm
- Head angle: 74°
- Weight: 10.35kg (approx)
This bike is supplied with a 6 month warranty which covers manufacturing defects. Warranty does not cover mistreatment or poor maintenance. The owner is responsible for ensuring that components are not allowed to come loose as this increases the chance of damage to threads and tapers. It is recommended that owners check that their bike is in good working order before and after each ride - trials bikes are more prone to parts becoming loose because of the type of riding they are subject to.
Fantastic bike. Spending more time on this than my MTB lately. Extremely easy and intuitive to ride, felt natural straight away. I upgraded to Magura brakes and while I didn’t try the base brakes I would highly recommend these, they have not let me down yet and I have done plenty of manoeuvres where I trusted the brakes completely. I also upgraded to the Extension pedals. Super grippy, very similar to the flats on my MTB and again they haven’t failed to hold my shoe yet. Overall the bikes feels great and appears to be very well built. As Alex mentions, keep tightening everything, especially for the first few weeks. Don’t hesitate just get one. Too much fun.
This is a great bang for buck option, while it's not top of the line, there is nothing left wanting with the Heimdall and it will perform absolutely stock standard. I bought one of these as it was the cheapest and fastest option to get my first street trials bike in December 2020. A total beginner to trials, I've given mine a fair bit of punishment already, the only time I've been let down was entirely my fault and would have happened on any bike. I didn't tighten one of the pedals after taking it off for maintenance, resulting in a chewed crank which was an easy and cheap fix considering what I'd done. I haven't had to do any major maintenance, the biggest thing would be tightening the spokes on the wheels after a few months of thrashing them. The only upgrades I've done are a set of lock on grips with nice end caps to protect the bars and a new set of pedals to match the type on my mtb. Unless you count picking the Magura MT5's at checkout, because I did that as well and I've had nothing but praise about these brakes from everyone who's had a ride of this bike. I ordered the Heimdall, it arrived in a box way faster than I expected and to top it off, Alex from Bike Trials Direct has been extremely helpful with all of my questions regarding maintenance etc. I wasn't sure how this would play out when I ordered due to the lack of information online about the brand etc., but I'm extremely impressed and very happy with my choice. Now I just need to develop the skills to match the bike! teracis